Chances are, if you're anything like me, you are one of those "it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" kinds of people. That likely means that you also tend to be proactive in the many facets of your life, addressing issues before they become problems. Whether you are considering applying for a License to Carry Firearms (LTC) or Firearms Identification Card (FID) for the first time, or have recently been denied an application or received a notice of suspension, I offer my clients a range of firearms licensing services.
LTC or FID application review
- If you have no criminal record, never had a restraining order, never been committed to a mental health facility, etc., chances are you may still have some concerns about how to best answer certain questions on the LTC/FID application. I review LTC and FID applications in a confidential, one-on-one interview. Legal Fee = $125 per 1/2 hr.
First-time LTC or FID application preparation
- Massachusetts Criminal Background Record Review (if needed): If you have ever had a brush with the law (e.g. been arrested or otherwise charged for a criminal complaint), or had a restraining order taken out against you at some point in the past, you should obtain a copy of your record. This can be accomplished by submitting an iCori request from the state of Massachusetts. https://www.mass.gov/how-to/request-cori-as-an-individual . Or, if you would prefer, I can submit the request for you in advance of our meeting. This may be necessary in order to accurately answer the questions on the LTC or FID application. My 11 years working in criminal law makes me particularly adept at reading criminal records and interpreting the entries on them. However, in some situations, certified copies of court documents, including police incident reports, may need to be obtained before a complete and accurate answer can be provided on an LTC or FID application. Background checks are voluntary and fully confidential. Cost for the iCori check is $26 (the state's $25 fee plus their processing fee.), which is separate and apart from my legal fee.
- The Application: We will sit down and go through each section on the application for your LTC or FID, making sure that each question is answered properly. will be presented to the proper licensing authority (typically the police department of the town in which you live) in a professional format: typed and accompanied by my law office's letterhead. Please note: State law requires a certified check or money order in the amount of $100 made payable to the city/town of the licensing authority.
- Please note that if this is your first application for an LTC or FID, you will need to have completed a basic firearms safety course. A copy of the certificate of completion will need to accompany your application to the police department. Legal fee =$250/hr.
Been denied an LTC/FID, or received a suspension notice?
- There may be options. Call, text or email me to set up a free phone consultation. 781-479-6780 / email@example.com
Been denied an LTC because of a past criminal conviction?
- Depending on the nature of the conviction and how long ago it occurred, you may be yet be eligible to obtain your LTC via the Massachusetts Firearms Licensing Review Board, or by way of the district court. Call, text, or email me to set up a free phone consultation. 781-479-6780 / firstname.lastname@example.org